Did you know that :
- 1 in 8 Americans over the age of 65 have some form of dementia
- ½ of all people over 85 have it as
- one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in America the risk of developing cognitive declines by aging will significantly decrease
Harvard Health Newsletter reports that vitamin B12 deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency and signs and symptoms are:
- Low Energy and Weakness,
- confusion or “fuzziness”,
- sleep problems,
- digestive problems,
- hearing and vision loss
- ,memory problems,irritability and mood swings,
- dizziness or lightheadedness,
- weak Immune function
- numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.
Vitamin B12 is essential for:
-building blocks that body uses to produce DNA
-keeping the immune system functioning optimally,
-he regulates mood and sleep cycles
-and is crucial to energy production ,he is “energy vitamin”.
Vitamin B12 and Age-Related Dementia:
A study in 2010 showed that B12 combined with B6 and folic acid can lower brain shrinkage and declining cognitive scores in older individuals.
B12 deficiency affects nearly 1 in 2 older adults making proper supplementation critical.
Study published in the journal Neurology confirmed that older individuals with higher levels of B12 in their blood had less shrinkage of the brain an they score higher on memory and cognitive tests.
If you are deficient in B12 your brain is at serious risk by contributing to age-related brain mass declines and elevated levels of blood homocysteine. Supplementing can help you to preserve your brain function.
The Need For B12 Supplements:
In order to be absorbed B12 has to be separated from food by stomach acid in ,then the body has to release the protein intrinsic (factor to let B12 into the bloodstream). As we grow old , the cells that make the stomach acid needed to cleave B12 from food and the intrinsic factor needed to absorb reduces in activity and potency and we can have a severely compromised mechanism.
Take the Right B12 or Don’t Bother to Take it at All:
2 main factors for the right B12 supplement are:
1. Sublingual Delivery
– All oral B12 supplements should be dissolved under the tongue because blood vessels under the tongue allow B12 to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream .
2. Activated Forms
– Most B12 supplements are made with cyanocobalamin (an inexpensive form of B12 ) . For the best effect on the health of your cells, first, convert them into its active counterpart (methylcobalamin).
-when supplementing with B12 use a supplement that contains 100% methylcobalamin delivered in a sublingual form. Researchers confirmed that supplementing with the active form of B12 is a lot more effective .Companies don’t use active B12 in their supplements because it’s more expensive so it decreases the profit margins on products.
Doctor Recommended B12 Supplement:
High quality, high potency activated B12 supplement from one of my most trusted doctor brands is the best choice because it delivers 5,000mcg (5mg) of methylcobalamin per every great tasting sublingual tablet.
B12 has no known drug interactions and no toxic effects in humans even if it is taken in large doses.
Thanks for reading …