Blackheads, also known as open comedones, are tiny, but visible dark/black spots on the skin. Whitehead is a term used for closed comedo. So, what exactly are blackheads? – They are blocked pores where skin debris, keratin and sebum accumulate. This is usually the first phase of formation of acne because blackheads usually grow into pimples.
It is good to mention that blackheads are not some kind of health problem, but they are certainly very annoying because they appear on our face and ruin our visual appearance. The “favorite” place of blackheads is the nose – the most exposed part of our face. People want to eliminate blackheads in the moment they become aware of their existence. It is crucial to learn how to get rid of blackheads on the nose in a safe and fast manner.
Natural Treatments to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Unfortunately, there is no universal way that can help us get rid of blackheads. You can find some solutions and creams in the stores, but they have limited capabilities. The good news is that there are some great natural home remedies that can help you get the perfect skin. This means that you will be able to eliminate blackheads without experiencing any side effects. The following is a list of the best remedies to remove blackheads.
1. Egg White Mask
Create a natural face mask made of egg whites to treat the pores. This mask will not only eliminate blackheads, but it will also protect you from their formation in the future. Egg whites are excellent for the skin because they are packed with nutrients.
- One egg
- A small bowl
- A towel
- Facial tissue or toilet paper.
- Remove the yolk from the egg
- Clean your face
- Make sure it is completely dry
- Put the egg white on the skin (use a thin layer)
- Press the facial tissue or toilet paper on the egg whites gently
- Leave it like that for a while until the layer is dry
- After that, apply another layer over the tissue/paper. Make sure that the paper is in place.
- Leave it for a while until the layer becomes dry
- You can also place a third layer, but this is optional
- When the mask becomes dry, you will feel your tightened face
- Remove the mask and wash your face
- Dry your face thoroughly and use a moisturizer.
2. Honey and Cinnamon Strips
The following home remedy is made of a very powerful combination. Honey comes with a number of anti-bacterial agents. With the help of these agents you can remove the bacteria which lead to formation of acne. In addition, it will also remove any substance that is clogging your pores. Cinnamon is excellent for blood circulation. The combination we are presenting will make your skin smooth, soft, healthy, glowing and free of blackheads.
- Raw and organic honey
- Cinnamon powder
- Cotton strips.
- Create a mixture of cinnamon and honey
- Place a layer of this mixture on the affected area, but make sure that the layer is thin
- Put and press some cotton on top of the layer
- Leave it for about 5 minutes
- After that, remove the layer and wash your face
- Use some moisturizer.
3. Cleansing Sugar Scrub
In some cases, it is enough to rely on good exfoliation and moisturizing. Exfoliation is a process of removal of dead skin cells responsible for the clogging of pores. As a final result, you can expect improved blood flow and glowing skin. Jojoba oil can help you close your body’s sebum. Besides jojoba oil, you can also rely on grape seeds, sweet almond and olive oil.
- Four tablespoons of jojoba oil
- One cup of white or brown sugar
- One sealed glass jar
- Some other essential oils – this is optional.
- Create a mixture of sugar and jojoba oil. Mix it well until you get a smooth texture.
- If you want some fragrance, add some other essential oil. Only few drops are enough.
- Store the mixture in a glass jar and keep it in a cool and dark place
- Before you apply the mixture, stir it well
- Use it on a wet face
- Use circular motions to massage the skin
- Leave the mixture for about half an hour
- Wash your face with water
- Use a moisturizer.
Tip: This great scrub should be used one or two times a week because using it more frequently can lead to irritation.
4. Lemon Juice Scrub
Here’s another scrub that is very useful in situations like this because lemon juice is rich in certain nutrients and vitamins that can do wonders against blackheads.
- Lemon juice
- Milk or rosewater
- A bowl or a jar.
- Mix the yogurt, honey, lemon juice and salt
- Use the mixture to scrub the problematic area. Use the mixture evenly.
- You can also add milk or rosewater to the mixture in order to create a natural facial cleanser
- Use this scrub on a daily basis for up to 12 days.
5. Green Tea
Green tea has proven to be an excellent remedy on many levels. Green tea supports brain function, helps with weight loss, reduces the chances of developing different types of cancer as well as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, promotes dental health and protects against type 2 diabetes. Finally, green tea supports the battle against blackheads.
- Green tea leaves
- A napkin or soft towel
- A teaspoon
- A bowl.
- Put the dry green tea leaves in the bowl
- Pour some water on top the leaves
- Mix the leaves and water until you get a paste
- Rub this paste on the affected area
- Rub for about 3 minutes
- Wash the area with lukewarm water
- Make sure that your face is completely dry (use a napkin or soft towel)
- This natural scrub will provide deep cleaning of your oily skin and unblock the pores.